Writing a character sketch! click here
Fairy Tale Characters/ Creatures
Tom Thumb, Thumbelina, Cinderella, Red Ridinghood,
Snow White, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Fairies, Giants,
Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, The Three Little Pigs, Trolls,
Brownies, Ogres, Witches, Jack Sprat, Jack Horner,
Little Miss Muffet, The Frog Prince, The Big Bad Wolf,
Beauty & The Beast, Little Boy Blue,
Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Baa Baa Black Sheep,
Old King Cole, Jack & The Beanstalk, The Swan Princess,
Peter Piper (pickled peppers), Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater,
Three Blind Mice, Prince Charming, The Ugly Duckling,
The Cat & the Fiddle, Humpty Dumpty, Fiona, Shrek,
Pinocchio, Geppeto, Dragon, Princess,
Three Billy Goats Gruff
LOCATION PARAGRAPH TIPS:
1. Intersection of __________Avenue and ______Boulevard
2. Describe business appearance/ unique shape design??
3. Located across the street from _____________ or next door to _________________.
Appeals/ Offers/ Final Pitch:
Coupons Bargain BOGO 50%off
Special Sale Days Contests Department Sales
Birthday Parties Delivery Service
CHECK ALL CAPITALIZATION!
The Mysterious Benedict Society
VICTORIAN TIME TRAVEL
Scrooge Party Paragraph Tips:
A. Character Sketch--USE the HANDOUT provided!
B. Business/ Occupation-- PRINT HANDOUT
TS= Topic Sentence
In Victorian England, the time of Charles Dickens, the occupation of ________________ was very important to society. (3 REASONS)
The ________________ had to work long hours _________________. He/She also ___________________
______. It was also ___________________________.
C. Recipe: PRINT HANDOUT
Background Story/Meaning and SPECIAL Ingredient
The Victorian delight, ____________________, was especially served at the Christmas holiday. It represented/ It was special since___________________________. (more sentences explaining)
One of the many ingredients in ________________ is _________ . ______________ is fairly unique because_________________________________.
D. VICTORIAN POETRY: http://www.carols.org.uk/christmas_poem.htm
DON'T Forget--YOU MUST WRITE YOUR OWN POEM! About Scrooge or another character and their role in the tale!
MAYBE EVEN write about CHARLES DICKENS!!
E. Victorian Musical Performance:
HOLIDAY SONG LYRICS
Hear ye, hear ye! Thou must diligently perform the following tasks to earn your place as a squire to a most honorable knight in the Kingdom of Her Majesty Queen Lulu of Jordan.
Helpful Hint #1: Bow to the Queen when at all possible and only address her as
"Your Majesty" or "My Royal Highness"
Helpful Hint #2: The Royal Majesty Queen Lulu of Jordan is ALWAYS right!
* Click WEBLINKS on the side toolbar.
* Begin to answer your Web Adventure Questions! (see the word QUEST in question?)
Medieval GAMES--Black Death Research---Castles and MORE!
1. List the KNIGHTS of King Arthur's Round Table: ?#____
2. Visit Life in the Middle Ages. SEARCH Weapons. List THREE weapons used in the middle ages with a brief description of each.
3. "Portaportal" again. Choose "FOOD" (second on list)
a. Describe "Pottage" using several sentences.
b. List ALL the fowl foods in the article.
4. Search these occupations/ jobs of Medieval times. Each time write a complete sentence on your sheet.
What is a "cottar"?
What is a "thimblerigger"?
What is a rectifier?
Choose one other job to describe using at least THREE clear SENTENCES. TS-3EX
BONUS: What was the MAIN ingredient in PURPLE?______________________
5. Visit Medieval Health and Clothing Quiz. Read about each topic-- Health and Clothing, then take the on-line quizzes. **Draw a medieval WIMPLE here and explain the supposed remedy for the plague.
6. Visit Pennsic War. View the "Culture Center" . Explain TWO crafts of the middle ages that you can explore and learn about at the Culture Center.
Where does the Pennsic War take place?
When is it held?
7. Visit Medieval Times.
List four locations in the U.S.A.
Click-- SHOW--OUR KNIGHTS--WEAPONS WE USE--- List five of the weapons explained on the webpage.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Enjoy the site videos then move on to complete the full list of tasks!
8. Visit The Great Lakes Medieval Faire site.
Where is it located?
Describe TWO separate activities or SHOWS offered at this location.
9. Search for REAL CASTLES that are still toured today! List FOUR by their name and castle location.
1. 2. 3. 4.
RETURN to "PORTAPORTAL"
ENJOY a joust, a Medieval battle or tour a virtual castle.
Agatha Christie Puzzles
Hangman anyone? http://www.quia.com/hm/458456.html
Puzzle Board? http://www.quia.com/cb/376939.html